There are many excellent natural ways to keep breeding animals and offspring healthy and disease free. This page will tell you many of the things that can be done
to keep them healthy, prevent disease, and treat it naturally.
They say it takes 5 generations of raw fed, unchemically or traditionally treated animals to get a completely healthy animal that will never succumb to
disease. Whether you breed dogs, cats, horses, ferrets, goats, sheep, cows, pigs, or any other animal species, the natural rearing rules are
generally the same.
Starting with the breeding parents, the goal is to provide optimum nutrition and supplements to promote optimally healthy disease free offspring. Let's start at
- Diet is number one. The species appropriate nutrition that your breeding parents consume
each and every day will promote health for the parents and their offspring. We feed species appropriate nutrition to our canines and felines.
Our canines and felines consume over 800 pounds of bones and raw food each month. Lots of canine and feline nutrition information is here:
- Food grade diatomaceous earth completely eliminates the need to give
those horrible chemical (aka poison) wormers. Feed it to the parents daily. If they have no internal worms or parasites, 70% of their chance of
getting disease goes right out the window. Plus it contains over 15 minerals that are great for the skin and coat and help promote healthier
offspring and better birth weights.
- Organic kelp contains over 60 vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that
is easy assimilated by the body. This helps detox, promote healthy skin and coat, and again promotes healthier offspring, better birth weights
and greater health.
- Please do NOT put chemical flea or tick preventatives on your dogs and cats. These so-called "flea and tick
preventatives" are actual POISONS. Most people put poisons on weeds to kill them, so purposely putting a poison on our beloved animals is an
absolutely insane notion. Optimal health cannot be achieved by poisoning our pets. If fleas are a problem, start using
Flea Free Food Supplement.
- Do NOT put poison heartworm preventatives in or on your dogs. Like the flea preventatives, these things are
actual poisons that permeate the body for 30 to 60 days. These traditional preventatives do NOT "prevent" the mosquito from landing on your dog
by making them smell nasty to mosquitoes, they just poison the blood, kidneys, liver, skin, and entire body, so when a mosquito bites them, it
attempts to poison any infection the mosquito has left in the dog's blood stream. Ever notice, the animals in the wild are not extinct from
heartworm, west nile virus, or other diseases? Heck, they aren't on monthly Heartgard prevention. How is it possible all the canine species:
wolves, dingos, foxes, coyotes, etc. are still alive and thriving? Think about it...Here is some information about
Medicine Linked to Sickness, Death. See our Natural
Heartworm Preventative Information web page.
- Plenty of clean pure fresh water daily.
- Plenty of good healthy exercise and sunshine. Mom's should be running and playing up until the day they give birth. For their health and the
health of their babies.
- 100% NZ Colostrum is excellent for canines, felines,
equine, etc. Great for the immune system, digestion, and excellent overall health.
- Keep dogs and cats naturally flea and mite free with Flea
- We do not recommend vaccinating breeding parents within 2 to 3 months of breeding. For those who feel the need to vaccinate puppies,
we recommend Dr. Jean Dodd's (Veterinary Immunologist Specialist) vaccination protocol of a single parvo and distemper vaccine at 9 weeks, 12 weeks, and once at a year
of age. Rabies as allowable by law. No other vaccinations. Click here for Dr. Dodd's Canine
Vaccination Protocol & here for Feline Vaccination Protocol.
RX Vitamins for Pets Professional Veterinary Formula RX Biotic is excellent to provide essential probiotics for optimum
digestion and maximum assimilation of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients consumed.
Aside from doing all the things above for breeding parents make sure to pamper mom and make sure she gets plenty of exercise. Animals that are confined to
kennels, crates, small stables or other confined areas can have difficult births, some requiring C-Sections. One of the biggest reasons plenty of
exercise is really important to pregnant females. They need room to stretch, walk and run daily. In the wild, canines, felines, horses, and all
other animals are active - hunting down their species appropriate nutrition or browsing the meadows and pastures finding good things to nibble on.
Birthing for them is but a simple hiccup in their daily routine largely because they are eating well AND because they get the regular exercise
needed which helps make birthing quicker and easier. Do not
vaccinate pregnant or nursing animals.
As soon as the puppy, kitten, foal, etc. start eating on their own, put food grade diatomaceous earth in their daily food. This will
keep worms from eating them, their food, and/or sucking their blood and help prevent coccidia, plus sweep some bacteria and viruses out of the
system, as well as provide 15 vital minerals to keep young ones healthy and strong. DE can be mixed in
NZ Colostrum and puppies and kittens will
lick it right up or added to their raw chicken liver, heart, gizzards, etc.
IF you've had issues with coccidia or giardia, see #1 above. You can also dose preventatively with
Kochi Free (formerly Kocci Free) 2x/day for 10 full days
starting as early as 13 days of age or active infection 4x/10 for 10 full days. Far more effective than traditional antibiotics Flagyl, Marquis,
- IF you vaccinate, consider Dr. Jean Dodd's puppy
vaccine protocol, starting with a single parvo/distemper vaccine at 9 weeks of age, then again at 12 weeks, then once at a year of age. No other
vaccines except rabies as allowable by law. For kittens, she recommends TWO Trivalent (distemper, herpes, & calicivirus) KILLED (NOT modified
live) vaccinations, one at 8 weeks of age and another at 12 weeks of age. Give Life Cell Support for 1 to 2 weeks prior to
getting vaccinations and for 30 days afterwards, twice/daily to help alleviate the stress on the body, help sweep the toxins from the vaccines out of the blood, liver, and lymphatic system.
- Parvo Prevention: If you have previously had parvo on your premises, you want to read the information about Paxxin
(formerly Parvaid) & Vibactra Plus as excellent parvo preventatives that have a 90% success rate preventatively treating puppies who
are exposed to the parvo virus, as well as treating the parvo virus with an 85% success rate.
- Feline Distemper Prevention: If you have previously had feline distemper on your
premises, please read the information about Kitty-DT (formerly Kitty Distempaid) & Vibactra Plus as
these products are known to prevent feline distemper (aka feline panleukopenia) when kittens have been exposed to the virus, as well as helping to heal feline distemper.
- Keep your cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies free from fleas and mite naturally with Flea Free Food Supplement, as soon as they are drinking and/or eating on their own.
- Species appropriate raw food promotes optimum puppy and kitten health.
- Plenty of good healthy exercise and sunshine. Mom's should be running and playing up until the day they give birth. For their health and the health of their babies.
SHOWS, TRAVELING, BOARDING
- Paxxin (formerly Parvaid) is excellent to help reduce travel stress, calm, soothe the intestinal tract, help prevent vomiting, diarrhea, poor
appetite, and boost the immune system. 2 to 4x/day is fine for this purpose.
- Derma Nerv can be helpful to overactive animals to help calm and soothe the nerves.
- Tossa-K (formerly Kennel-Koff) can be given a day or two before the outing, along with the day(s) of the outing, and a few days afterwards to
help prevent contraction of upper respiratory infections. Give twice/day for this purpose or 4x/day for 10 days for active upper respiratory infection.
- Flea Free to help assure they won't bring home any blood sucking parasites, such as fleas, lice, mites, etc.
- Coccidia and giardia can be prevented by giving Kochi Free 2x/day or for active infection give 4x/day for 10 full days.
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure
or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. The information on this web
site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or veterinarian. This information is not intended as a substitute for the
reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly
recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated
decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.